Bunnies on a Plane

So I've finally seen Snakes on a Plane, more than a year after the web-hyped, box-office dud ran rampant over the pop culture zeitgeist. Ok, not the actual film, but the 30-second version, re-enacted by bunnies.

I resisted the film because I was bothered by the attempt to create a cult classic, a mantle I believe is bestowed by the audience, not manufactured in advance. Ultimately it appeared most people agreed and the film slithered away, only to be remembered for Samuel L. Jackson's prodigious use of the word "motherfucker."

But now that the Bunnies have hopped all over it, perhaps I need to give it a look, if only so it doesn't become another one of my pop culture blind spots.

2 comments:

  1. I loved Snakes on the Plane and I am still a bit puzzled as to why it bombed at the box office. Still, I have to admit that the Bunnies scored a bullseye with their version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too, Mercurie? Ok, I'll try and watch it...

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe
Google+