Endless Last Supper

A commission by artist Tom Fowler featuring Neil Gaiman's The Endless: Destiny, Death, Dream, Destruction, Despair, Desire and Delirium from The Sandman. At the rik of losing whatever little geek cred I have, I'll admit to not having read The Sandman, but it's on my list, honestly. I'm trying to make up for my general lack of comics knowledge. Anyway, it appears that Death is in the Jesus slot (natch) with the Judas role filled by Destruction. Did I get that right, fans? (Endless Last Supper by Tom Fowler, via Cultural Compulsive Disorder)

Previously on Popped Culture...

4 comments:

  1. Dream (the Sandman) is in the Jesus position. I'm not sure who is supposed to be Judas, but Desire is the one I would say should be, as her betrayal of Dream leads to... bad things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, that's what I get by trying to fake knowledge off a wikipedia drawing. Thanks Jude (love your work) and I promise to read Sandman right after I finish the Scott Pilgrim's sitting on my bedside table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here ya go....I posted the cribbed version on my Tumblr, so I could give you an easy link :D
    Everyone in each painting - original & Endless - identified

    http://geekgyrlfriday.tumblr.com/post/3566489993/last-suppers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Justine - but I could't get it to zoom on Chrome or Firefox. :(

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe
Google+