Invaders! Possibly From Space!

I suppose everyone needs to learn somewhere. From Threadles: A Simple Plan by Neil Gregory.

Which gives me warm and fuzzy memories of the Raiders of the Lost Arcade segment from Futurama's Anthology if Interest II.
Lrrr: People of Earth, I am Lrrr of the planet Nintendu 64. Tremble in fear at our three different kinds of ships.
Fry: Alright, its Saturday night. I have no date, a two litre bottle of Shasta, and my all Rush mix tape! Let's rock!
Nd-Nd: We're losing ships, sir. What are your orders?
Lrrr: Increase speed, drop down and reverse direction!
Oddly enough I can't find that short clip (or at least not anywhere but Hulu) though I did find the whole segment. Weird.


Actually, now that I think about it, there was a Rush/video game connection on an episode of Chuck. In Chuck vs. Tom Sawyer (I don't know if that link will work), Chuck must play a game of Missile Command all the way to the kill screen to get to a set of satellite codes. He realizes the rhythm of the game matches Rush's Tom Sawyer and defeats the game.

So what is it about Rush and video games, or was this just a nod to Futurama?

Previously on Popped Culture...

Watcharama: Who watches the Futuramen?
Obsoletely Fabulous
Popaganda: The Pop Culture Revolution

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe
Google+