FanExpo 2010: Cosplay Like You Mean It


I am in awe of the effort put in by cosplayers — they put Halloween to shame. And my greatest thrill during an afternoon at FanExpo Canada, was meeting Zaphod Beeblebrox, the president of the galaxy! The fact that he is blurry has less to do with me drinking Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters with him than my lousy photography skills coupled with an iPhone. Apologies for the rest.



Meet the Invisible Woman, who was more visible than I expected.



Ned and Chuck from Pushing Daises! Of course it just made me miss the show all over again.



The Punisher.



She-Hulk and, I dunno. Anyone? Guesses and suggestions welcome in the comments.



Little Sister from Bioshock? That's my guess.



The (or An) Original Batmobile. Not sure why there was a girl sitting on top of it or why, now that I have looked closer, she appears to have no legs below the knee.



Geek 'em up early — Little Wonder Woman and Little Night Owl? Probably not, but it amused me to think so.



Proton pack — don't go Ghostbusting without it.



I don't know. Anyone?



I should know, but I don't.



Dr. Henry Jones Sr.



Domo was the first guy (mascot?) I saw when I walked in.



Halo's Master Chief, about to kill a anime conventioneer.



Another blank for me.



Bombalurina from Cats?



The Waldos. They weren't all that hard to find.



A pantheon of Disney characters.



Flaunt it.



Plastic Man stretched everything...



Guesses? I'm sure it's obvious.



I think she said yes.



Harvey Two Face and a Batman made from Duct Tape.



Cobra Commander seemed annoyed I was interrupting his shopping.



Anime? But of what I have no idea.



Kick-Ass!


Wonder Woman, Flash and the Silver Surfer were so fast I was unable to get a picture of them fast enough. Or maybe it was Flash's fault - he doesn't work well with the iPhone.



Rings a bell but I'm drawing another blank.



Boy Wonder has grown up a touch.



Batman and his Batcamera.



Someone I recognize battling a Sleestak.



Some sort of military cat. Impressive in any case.



Harley Quinn and the Joker.



Mad Hatter.



French revolutionaries? I'm sure I'm missing something.



No idea, not even a clue.



Darth Vader and pal, moving at the speed of blur.



Just a typical line at FanExpo.



I love that even the interviewer is in character.



Even Iron Man needs to make a buck.



This guy isn't dressed up, he just felt this way after all day at FanExpo.

Previously on Popped Culture...
I Play, You Play, Cosplay
Viddy Well, Little Sister, Viddy Well

9 comments:

  1. Photo #5: She-Hulk and Spider-Woman

    Photo #8: Little Wonder Woman and Little Hawkgirl

    Photo #10: I think that is Black Lantern Wonder Woman

    Photo #11: Woman in white is Emma Frost but the other girl i think that is Rina Logan "Wolverine's daugther"

    Photo #15: Ms. Marvel

    Photo #25: The girl is the character of "Bayoneta" video-game, but the boy i don't know

    Photo #28: Maybe Megaman, but i don't sure this

    Sorry for my language but i don't speak english in my country

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_rtOXMZlMTkg/THqH5Wkk0BI/AAAAAAAADnY/VP439i52FmY/s640/IMG_0722.jpg

    the emperor, final fantasy 2?

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rtOXMZlMTkg/THqE8QPbkNI/AAAAAAAADmA/f4871zYFGLE/s640/IMG_0692.jpg

    bayonetta and, that doesn't look much like jeanne.

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rtOXMZlMTkg/THqCaEHYenI/AAAAAAAADkw/4WRJx2ePdrE/s640/IMG_0685.jpg

    i think this is ms marvel, not too sure

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rtOXMZlMTkg/THqD53LlJHI/AAAAAAAADlg/B7LnVmVyvbg/s640/IMG_0689.jpg

    dark magician girl?



    mm feeling sort of geeky right now

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did the same thing all weekend - "Who are they? I feel like I should know this!" Anyone we couldn't identify, we chalked up to being an anime character. Still a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is Raiden from Mortal Kombat fighting the Sleestak.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raiden_%28Mortal_Kombat%29

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think that is a Sleestak with Raiden, as they have big, round eyes. I'm pretty sure that's a Gorn from Star Trek TOS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the IDs folks - I need you to walk around with me at next year's event.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would say #6 is a Big Daddy from Bioshock, not a little sister.
    #11 is Emma Frost and X-23 (http://www.mutanthigh.com/x23.html)
    #21 is Dark Magician Girl from Yu-Gi-Oh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fan Expo staff has been and will continue to review and act when it comes to our fans for information about Fan Expo 2010

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel that I should know! "Everybody we could not find, we chalked to be a cartoon character. Another great moment.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe
Google+