Everybody Loves A Clown, So Why Don't You?


It was National Clown Week last week. Who knew? Well, maybe you did but it's the kind of thing you miss when you fall off the grid like I have. But it appears pop provocateur Ron English also knew and he celebrated with this adorable tramp in clown camouflage. Aww, aren't they cute when they're heavily armed?

My three favourite clowns of all time are:
1) Krusty the Clown (Krusty Brand Seal of Approval: It's not just good, it's good enough!)
2) Shakes the Clown (Bobcat Goldthwait in the Citizen Kane of alcoholic clown movies)
3) Ronald McDonald (I have such love/hate for that burger-pushing Harlequin)

Previously on Popped Culture...
Insane Clown Last Supper
I Find Your Lack of Mask Disturbing
Wil Wheaton And The Unicorn Kitteh Of Death!

5 comments:

  1. I love it. Especially with the misspelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. That was supposed to go on the Calvin & Hobbes post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a problem. In related news, he's going ahead with the strip. Will post the first one when it goes up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it comes to clowns, I find myself oddly attracted to Pennywise from It. Probably because I know that under all of that makeup he's really Tim Curry. In other news, I'm oddly attracted to Tim Curry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is some fine blog commentary! So why do I mostly get Chinese spam?

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe
Google+