I'm Going To Miseryland


Dave MacDowell's Another Perfect Day: "...the whole painting is about Miseryland, and how pop culure has mutated our mind's into fast-food."

Hmmm, I think he means that is a bad thing. But how can that be when this makes me so happy? MacDowell's work is so dense: Mickey is a rat, Donald Duck is a lech (hey, he's got no pants), Disney has his tentacles on everyone and Gollum loves Burger (Booger) King.

Previously on Popped Culture...
The Bambie Hunter & Taxi Rider
Dig If U Will The Picture...
Breakfast Hawks

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I think he means that is a bad thing. But how can that be when this makes me so happey?

    I love pop culture. I love the democratization of culture. There are no more effective gatekeepers, no entry barriers. You can create your own niche culture and live in it and say 'to hell with the rest of the world'. It is liberty, and it is a glorious thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without a doubt - and I realize I've done exactly that. I know just post things I enjoy and leave the stuff I don't behind, and if people like it, all the better. What fun!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe
Google+