RIP Ricardo Montalban

It's with great sadness that I report that Ricardo Montalban, aged 88, journeyed into the great fantasy island in the sky. One of the first Mexican actors to hit it big, Montalban was known to many as Khan in Star Trek II, but to me he'll always be Mr. Roarke from Fantasy Island. God, I loved that show, largely due to the fact that it was one of the few shows I was permitted to watch at the ripe old age of 7. Embarrassingly, when I heard the news today I quipped to a coworker, Lara, "Oh, man! The dude from Fantasy Island died!" Lara, a young 'un, immediately replied, "Fantasy Island? What's that?" I was all "You know - Da plane! Da plane!" and explained how all the hot stars of the day guested on it. Blank stare. I totally had to explain Fantasy Island to her. Which made me feel old. Real old. But I digress. Ricardo, you will be sorely missed. God speed and may all your leather be Corinthian. And this video nugget goes out to Lara. Consider yourself enlightened.
Pamela Westoby here guesting and ghosting for the Marvelous Mr. Barker. If you like this, you might just like my book Hoyden!

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday must go down as one of the most depressing days of my life. I found out two of my favourite actors of all time died--Ricardo Montalban and Patrick McGoohan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ricardo Montalban must have been a contender for Lady's Man of the year at least a few times during his lifetime

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe
Google+