The Seven Jack Nicholsons & The Enchanted Mental Hospital

Pop culture artist Dave MacDowell is a happy new find for me. MacDowell paints in the "Lowbrow/Pop Surrealism movement... focusing on Contemporary Cultural Nightmares," which thrills me to no end.

My favourite out of the dozens and dozens of his painting is The Enchanted Mental Hospital, featuring Jack Nicholson as the Seven Dwarfs. You get Jack from One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, Jack from The Shining, Jack from Batman and I'm not sure about the rest. I figure Jack from Five Easy Pieces and maybe Jack from Chinatown.

Anyway, I love the details: the bottle of Red Rum, the Grady girls from The Shining as twin Tinkerbells and a rat with Mickey Mouse ears.

See more at his studio, on his Flickr page and on his blog.

Ok, one more for good measure: The Samuel Jackson 5

(Link via SuperPunch, who shows me the coolest things.)

Previously on Popped Culture...
Robocop on a unicorn
Angelina Jolie as Our Lady of Celebrity Worship

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe
Google+