Imaginationland: Realer Than Any Of Us

"Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he... he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have.

And the same could be said of Bugs Bunny and, and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life, changed the way I act on the Earth. Doesn't that make them kind of 'real.'

They might be imaginary, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around long after we're dead. So in a way, those things are more realer than any of us."
— Kyle Broflovski, Imaginationland: Episode III, South Park
I just saw this episode this weekend and thought it was a great sentiment. It really got to the heart of what I love about pop culture.

3 comments:

  1. It is one of my favorite episodes (as I've noted on my blog), not just because of the epic story line, the appearance of former imaginary beings from the South Park universe (who thought they'd ever see the Woodland Critters again)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised I hadn't seen it before, but I had all three episodes sitting on the DVR and caught it on the weekend,

    It's great to see how the show has progressed over the years while still keeping its edge. Who knew you could do so much with paper cutouts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote. It's all in our imaginations anyway, isn't it - even our perceptions of the "real" people in our lives.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe
Google+