Some Throws Are More Equal Than Others

Propaganda posters for the World Rock Paper Scissors Society's online museum. I love the Soviet-inspired, worker's paradise style. I first saw these on Friday, at the Toronto premiere of Mike McKeown's documentary Rock Paper Scissors: A Geek Tragedy.

It's a great film, the making of which equals the passion, time and money sunk into the World RPS Society by the film's main subjects, the Walker brothers. The film also has a real love of Toronto rarely seen on the big screen, especially by a Calgarian no less. I know Mike is looking for distribution, which his movie clearly deserves. I will let you all know if I hear anything.

In the meantime, Torontonian Monica Martinez was named the 2008 Rock Paper Scissors World Champion on Saturday, with a final throw of scissors beating paper.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe
Google+