A Star Is Born, Kinda... Not Really

So "my" episode of Being Erica ("What Goes Up Must Come Down") aired last night and my blink-and-you-miss-it scene as an extra went by so quickly I figured I should screen cap it for you. Ego? I don't know what you're talking about.

Anyway, did you see how star Erin Karpluk walked by me without batting an eye? Yeah, that's good acting. We had a scene where we totally made out, but it was such an instantaneous regret on her part that she couldn't get to her time-travelling psychologist fast enough, so they left it on the cutting room floor.


I managed the above bit of scene-stealing by being the sucker having the privilege of updating the National Post site at such an ungodly hour that they just filmed around me. So that's our newsroom, except better-dressed and with too many people. Nobody wears suspenders. Ok, one guy does.

But that is not the end of my national fame today. It appears I have been nominated for Best Pop Culture Blog at the Canadian Blog Awards, alongside my colleague Boy Reporter and friends at Scandal Sheet, Nik at Nite and culture kills. Keen! So vote for everyone, but mostly me.

Previously on Popped Culture...
Being (An) Erica Extra
My So Called Life... Truly
Fourth Is The New First

4 comments:

  1. And by proxy this is the closest I will ever come to being famous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then we are both very, very far away from that status.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much you charging for autographs now that you're a famous star?

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe
Google+